Therapeutic riding lessons help participants improve their physical and mental health through caring for and riding horses. These lessons are planned with the client’s physical, educational, social and recreational goals in mind. Lessons are taught by PATH certified instructors, with trained volunteers available to assist as needed. The goal is always for participants to ride as independently as possible!
- Riding lesson, private or semi-private: $40
- Riding lessons, set of 4, $35/lesson: $140
- Sibling lessons, set of 4: $30/child/lesson (ex: $240/4 lessons/2 siblings)
- Siblings must ride in the same lesson and sign up for a set of lessons to qualify.
Our horsemanship classes cover all aspects of horse care and handling, as well as riding. They are suitable for Beginner to Intermediate riders, and are open to the community. These classes can be ongoing or one time events. A low instructor to student ratio ensures plenty of individual attention. Our instructors are all experienced horse people, with 60+ years combined experience in a variety of English and Western disciplines. These classes can be a great addition to your event at the OWL!
- Group horsemanship class, includes horsemanship and riding, 2 hours: $65
- Great opportunity for 4-H, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, clubs and youth groups to learn the basics of handling and riding horses; can be tailored to meet badge requirements.
Field Trips and Education
Hands on learning leads to long term retention! Our fun and interesting field trips are suitable for K-12 grades, and follow Louisiana grade level expectations (GLE’s). Students learn about horse psychology, herd dynamics, breed characteristics, and about basic horse care. In addition to one day field trips, we also offer 9 week curriculums focusing on Life Science and English Language Arts GLE’s.
- Field Trips, 1 hour: $10/participant (minimum group size of 6)
- Age appropriate lesson about horse breeds and characteristics that includes grooming and time at the petting zoo.
What could be better than spending an extraordinary week learning to ride and care for horses at our beautiful 800 acre farm? Whether your child has ridden before or never been near a horse, they will have a camp experience like no other. Campers come together to learn new skills, have fun, and make friends. Each camper is assigned their own horse for the week, and activities include caring for their horse, riding, arts and crafts, swimming, boating, zip lining and more!
Equine Assisted Learning (EAL)
Communication. Trust. Problem solving. Respect. Boundaries. Horses are masters at helping us learn life skills like these. Our EAL program is great for schools, businesses, and families, and offers a unique opportunity to learn more about yourself and others. The focus of these sessions is developing life skills through ground based activities with the horses. Suitable for ages 8+, this fun and challenging activity can be a single event or ongoing sessions.
- Equine Assisted Learning, 2 hours: $45/participant.
- Groundwork based activities designed to develop problem solving, leadership, and communication skills in teams and individuals.
- Pony Parties: Games, activities, and riding for up to 10 participants. 2 hours; includes time for cake and presents at the barn pavilion. $300. Additional participants are $25/person.
We love to get out and about in our community! Our animals have visited schools, nursing homes, and many other places, bringing smiles and laughter. Contact us to learn more.