- 2022-07-20: UPDATE: Added Youth Mental Health: Louisiana The State We’re In Hear from Methodist Children’s Home Southeast Louisiana Program Director Marlín Torres Giacona and Public Relations and Development Director Sarah Head as they share about our mission and ministry on Louisiana Public Broadcasting.
- 2022-07-19: UPDATE: Added Methodist Children’s Home of Southeast Louisiana Grand Opening Click the link to view all the highlights of the Grand Opening of our new Home or check out these news articles celebrating this monumental day for Louisiana’s children. The Advocate: After Years of Waiting Since Katrina, a New Home Opens for Kids Who Need Mental Health Care The Hammond Daily Star: Children’s Home Opens in Loranger
- 2022-06-28: UPDATE: Added 3D Tour of Methodist Children’s Home of Southeast Louisiana. Take a tour of our newest facility located in Loranger, LA. The new Methodist Children’s Home of Southeast Louisiana will serve children between the ages of 7 and 14 years with specialized therapeutic care.
- 2022-06-14: UPDATE: Added Chart of State Ombuds for Children”. What do the four states ranked last in the nation for child well-being have in common? Like Louisiana, they lack an Office of Child Ombudsman.
- 2022-03-16: UPDATE: Statistical Report of Services – 2021 In 2021, our three Methodist Children’s Homes and Methodist Foster Care provided 82,328 days of care to 564 children. We provided more days of care to more children than in any previous year.
- 2021-07-15: RESEARCH: Improving the Behavioral Health Continuum of Care in Louisiana by Dr. Monica Stevens, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Tulane University School of Medicine, explains how too few prevention and early intervention mental health resources for Louisiana’s children increases the need for intensive residential services.