- 2022-11-08: Child Ombuds are state officials who receive, resolve, and report on complaints about state services for children. Louisiana has no Child Ombuds. Download our new advocacy paper, Louisiana Requires an Office of Children’s Ombuds.
- 2022-10-22: Follow our new website for Louisiana’s child advocates, LouisianaChildAdvocacy.com, as it develops.
- 2022-07-20: UPDATE: Added Youth Mental Health: Louisiana The State We’re In Hear from Methodist Children’s Home Southeast Louisiana Program Director Marlín Torres Giacona and Public Relations and Development Director Sarah Head as they share about our mission and ministry on Louisiana Public Broadcasting.
- 2022-06-28: UPDATE: Added 3D Tour of Methodist Children’s Home of Southeast Louisiana. Take a tour of our newest facility located in Loranger, LA. The new Methodist Children’s Home of Southeast Louisiana will serve children between the ages of 7 and 14 years with specialized therapeutic care.
- 2022-03-16: UPDATE: Statistical Report of Services – 2021 In 2021, our three Methodist Children’s Homes and Methodist Foster Care provided 82,328 days of care to 564 children. We provided more days of care to more children than in any previous year.