- 2022-09-01: OPEN LETTER to the Louisiana Governor and Legislature regarding Louisiana’s 15-year Underfunding and Understaffing of the Department of Children and Family Services Louisiana’s historic and chronic underfunding of its child welfare services seems chief among the root causes of the system’s current struggles. If the root cause of recent failures is a $4.8 billion, 16,974 person-year shortfall, then this is the root cause that must be corrected.
- 2022-07-20: UPDATE: Added Youth Mental Health: Louisiana The State We’re In Hear from Methodist Children’s Home Southeast Louisiana Program Director Marlín Torres Giacona and Public Relations and Development Director Sarah Head as they share about our mission and ministry on Louisiana Public Broadcasting.
- 2022-06-28: UPDATE: Added 3D Tour of Methodist Children’s Home of Southeast Louisiana. Take a tour of our newest facility located in Loranger, LA. The new Methodist Children’s Home of Southeast Louisiana will serve children between the ages of 7 and 14 years with specialized therapeutic care.
- 2022-03-16: UPDATE: Statistical Report of Services – 2021 In 2021, our three Methodist Children’s Homes and Methodist Foster Care provided 82,328 days of care to 564 children. We provided more days of care to more children than in any previous year.
- 2021-07-15: RESEARCH: Improving the Behavioral Health Continuum of Care in Louisiana by Dr. Monica Stevens, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Tulane University School of Medicine, explains how too few prevention and early intervention mental health resources for Louisiana’s children increases the need for intensive residential services.