“Trauma is an emotional response to an intensive negative experience that affects the body and mind.”
Help, Hope and Healing for:
- Child Physical or Sexual Abuse
- Physical or Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence
- Many other types of crimes
Trauma is individualistic and can be different for everyone.
Trauma-centered with multiple therapists trained and practicing in researched based therapies including EMDR, Play Therapy and Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Family Counseling Center provides 15 free counseling sessions, paid through the Crime Victim Assistance Program, to anyone who is a victim of a crime.
Signs & Symptoms to be aware of:
- Physical pain or discomfort
- Self harm
- Substance abuse
- Behavioral issues
In addition to counseling services, the CVA program provides
- Community presentations offering education on symptoms of trauma, dangers of technology and available services for trauma victims
- Assistance with Victims Reparation/Appropriate Referrals
- Safety Planning
- Personal Advocacy
*Crime does not have to be recent, and does not have to be reported to the authorities unless it is a crime against a child.