Our therapists can provide community presentations for students, families, groups and professionals. Our goals are to increase awareness, educate, and provide practical skills that will meet your individual or group needs.
Trainings are provided by Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists.
Trainings are available at no cost or reduced rate through our grant sources.
We also provide school trainings.
Family Counseling Center can host NBCC trainings.
- How to deal with bullies
- Grief and loss
- Social media: how does it really affect you?
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
- ADHD Education and resources
- Empowering caregivers
- Positive relationship boundaries
- Healthy versus unhealthy relationships
- Intro to mindfulness relaxation
- Learning disabilities & Asperger’s syndrome
- Marital enrichment
- Suicide prevention and intervention with adolescents
- Internet safety
- Effects of social media on children (for parents)
- Co-parenting after divorce
- Building child and teacher relationships
- Compassion fatigue
- Dealing with difficult people
- Internet safety
- Effects of emotional trauma on the developing brain
- Play therapy concepts and techniques
- Play therapy with traumatized children
- Sand tray therapy concepts and techniques
- Motivational interviewing
- Suicide prevention and intervention
- Trauma focused- cognitive behavioral therapy
- Effects of social medial on children
- Understanding poverty
Continuing Education Provider
Family Counseling Center of Louisiana United Methodist Children and Family Services, Inc., has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider ACEP No. 6258. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Family Counseling Center of Louisiana United Methodist Children and Family Services, Inc., is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.